Ramson curd cheese
- 250g curd cheese
- 100ml whole milk
- 1 shallots
- 4 tablespoons ramson (or watercress, hairy bittercress, or garlic mustard)
- Black pepper
- Stir curd cheese and whole milk in a bowl until it has a smooth consistency.
- Finely chop the shallot and ramson. Add to the curd cheese mix.
- Season with lemon zest, salt, pepper, and possibly a bit of lemon juice.
- Garnish with ramson flowers and coarsely ground pepper.
This dish works very well as a sauce for cooked root vegetables. Roasted parsley root or parsnip with this curd cheese goes nicely with grilled lamb. Spice up this dish with other wild herbs such as watercress or bittercress.