Butter with slippery Jack
- 500 g old-fashioned churned butter
- 500 g finely chopped slippery Jack
- 30 ml apple cider vinegar
- 100 g shallots
- 2 cloves black garlic (available in certain supermarkets)
- 5 g dried mushroom powder
- 8 g sea salt
- Pepper and allspice
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the chopped mushrooms until golden.
- Add onion, black garlic, and mushroom powder to the saucepan. Saute briefly.
- Add apple cider vinegar and let it reduce for one minute until just looser than syrup.
- Add the butter. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour into a container and put it in the fridge. Chill until solid.
- Whip the mixture in blender until desired consistency is reached.
This is a big portion, giving you around one kilo of mushroom butter. You can of course scale it down if you don't want or need that much. Use the butter in soups or sauces. It also works very well on toast. If you want an enhanced umami flavor, add 50g of miso paste to the butter.