Savory muffins with wild herbs and bacon
- 100g bacon
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoon yogurt
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 50g parmesan chese
- 60g mixed wild herbs
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Muffin pan
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Cut the bacon into small cubes and sauté on a dry pan for six to eight minutes until crisp.
- While the bacon sautés, peel the onion and chop it finely.
- Add the onion to the pan and sauté it with the bacon until onion is translucent and begins to release it's moisture. Transfer onion and bacon to a bowl and set it aside to cool.
- Grate the parmesan cheese.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl and add yogurt, flour, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Chop the herbs finely and whisk into the egg mixture.
- Add the bacon and onion.
- Grease a muffin pan with butter, and pour the batter to the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Take the hot muffins out of the pan, and let them cool for at least five minutes.
These muffins can be eaten shortly after baking, or saved for a lunchbox snack or afternoon treat.