Sea arrowgrass spice
- 50 g sea arrowgrass seeds (or dried beach plantain)
- 20 g stinging nettle seeds
- 20 g dried chamomile flower
- Toast the seeds in a dry frying pan until fragrant.
- Mix all the ingredients. Put in an airtight container, and store in pantry.
- Use the spice to season other dishes.
Add this spice to marinades, sauces, or infusions.
Thorsten Schmidt is a Danish chef known for his sense of culinary adventure and love for experimentation. Raised in Jutland and trained in both Germany and France, Schmidt believes food to be a potential vehicle of cultural identity, pride and nostalgia. His former restaurant, Malling & Schmidt, served some of the most influential and inventive Danish food in the country. Schmidt is now a co-founder and partner of restaurant Barr. A collaboration between Schmidt and René Redzepi in the former noma restaurant space, Barr offers a convivial setting in which to enjoy high-quality comfort food and drink traditions of the North Sea.