Garlic mustard pesto
- 125 g kale
- 125 g garlic mustard (or use hairy bittercress, ramson or watercress)
- 100 g hazelnuts
- 100 g dry cheese, such as parmesan
- 500 ml rapeseed oil
- Half bunch of parsley
- A handful of ramson
- Lemon juice
- Salted water
- Blanch Kale: Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, prepare large bowl of salted ice water.
- Dunk kale in boiling in water for 20 seconds, then immediately transfer to an ice bath to cool.
- Toast hazelnuts in an unoiled frying pan until just fragrant and golden.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and combine until well incorporated.
- Season the pesto with salt, pepper, and lemon juice, to taste. Blend to combine.
Use this pesto in a sandwich or on pasta. It is a great recipe to make with your children, as it is easy to see how the herbs and other ingredients transform into something else. Together, the ingredients combine unique textures and flavors to become a delicious spread!