Wild salsa verde
- 300 g white nettle (or common nettle)
- 2 large cucumbers
- 20-30 g sand onion or regular onion
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 3 tablespoons curd cheese
- Open fire or grill (or grill pan on normal stove)
- Light a fire. Once it gets going, grill the cucumbers whole in a hot pan. They should get a little color.
- Add oil and onions. Cook for two minutes until beginning to turn translucent.
- Chop nettle finely. Add to the pan and cook for two minutes until nettles wilt.
- Blend everything and season with salt, pepper, and apple cider. Garnish with curd cheese.
The flavor of the white nettle is enhanced when cooked. You can use salsa verde for baked cod or other types of white fish. You can also use it as a substitute for salsa.